The Spaw by Homeward Bound Policy Addendum to Homeward Bound, Inc.
1. Payment: Payments for Spaw services are due at the time service is rendered. Check payments are the preferred method of payment however, Cash, checks, and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment. Please make checks and money orders payable to Homeward Bound, Inc.
PAYMENTS NOT RECEIVED IN A TIMELY MANNER WILL BE SETTLED TO THE CREDIT CARD ON FILE IF APPLICABLE AND COULD RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF ANY FUTURE SPAW APPOINTMENTS WITH HOMEWARD BOUND.
Returned Check Charge: There is a $40 fee assessed for all returned checks. Clients are responsible for all costs of collection.
2. Cancellations: A limited number of Spaw appointments are available each day. Our Groomers, Spaw Assistants and Attendants are carefully scheduled to serve your pet’s individual scheduling and care needs. Therefore; same-day cancellation or no-show of Spaw services with less than 24- hours’ notice will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
3. Drop-Off/Pick -Up Times: Please keep in mind, due to our very limited space in the Spaw your pup may not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time and must be picked up within 30 minutes of notification of service completion. Additional day care fees will apply to those outside of this time frame.
4. Extended Service Fees: Extended grooming fees associated with matted dogs, geriatrics or the like will be based on an hourly rate of $50 per hour.
5. Transportation Requests: Must be submitted 24-48 hours in advance of scheduled Spaw services. Same day shuttle requests cannot be accommodated due to staff scheduling needs required to meet these needs. Client must have an active credit card on file when shuttle services are schedule. Invoice(s) for shuttle services and executed Spaw services will be settled to the card on file prior to pups being transported home.
6. Accuracy of Profile Information: We are committed to providing the best care possible for your pets. We are dependent, however, on you to provide us with the most accurate information concerning your pets. You are required to review/edit your client/pet profile data prior to the commencement of EACH NEW service to ensure proper care of your pets while in our care. Service will be executed in accordance with the information detailed within your client and pet profiles.
Homeward Bound, Inc. is not liable or responsible for any erroneous or misinformation within your client/pet profile. It is the sole responsibility of each client to provide accurate, detailed information.
7. Staff injuries: To the extent our employees or contractors are injured by your pet, you agree to accept all responsibility for these injuries, including but not limited to the payment of medical bills. You also agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Homeward Bound, Inc. from any claims arising from these injuries, including but not limited to, the cost of defending the claim, including attorney’s fees and the payment or satisfaction of any future judgment.
8. Pet Care: A Report will be provided documenting your pet’s activities, behavior and mood during their experience at the Spaw.
10. Availability: Appointment availability is limited. As such, please make Spaw service requests with as much notice as possible. Homeward Bound reserves the right to decline service at any time.
11. Medical/Vaccinations/Immunizations/Behavior: Due to our exposure to many pets throughout the day, we require all pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations, as recommended by their veterinarian, and taking a monthly heartworm preventative and flea and tick preventative. You may be asked for proof of rabies vaccinations or your veterinarian may be contacted to confirm vaccination status. Pets may not have an active contagious illness or be undergoing heartworm treatment.
Dogs that are scheduled for Spaw services and are found to have fleas, will be given a Capstar and will be required to wait up to 30 minutes in our courtyard while the Capstar takes effect. They will also be treated with a flea & tick shampoo, which will be added to the service invoice.
HB will not accept pets with aggressive behavior/tendencies or those with a history of bite incidents. HB prohibits the use of sedatives for Spaw services and will not accept dogs who have been given sedatives by their pet parents prior to Spaw visits such as; Acepromazine. No sedatives will be administered by Spaw staff or used during Spaw services. Some Veterinary prescribed anti-anxiety medications such as; Trazadone, Alprazolam or Diazepam are acceptable.
Homeward Bound, Inc. is not liable for issues arising from ongoing or un-diagnose medical concerns; such as heart disease and seizure disorders. Grooming sessions may be ceased should we detect a change in behavior such as coughing, chocking or lethargy which may result in your pet being taken to the closest veterinarian or your vet on record.
12. Veterinary Treatment: In order to obtain our services, Homeward Bound, Inc. requires that each client provide a veterinary authorization in the event our employees or contractors deem it necessary to take your pet to a veterinarian for treatment. While every effort will be made to reach you prior to taking your pet in for treatment, it remains the sole discretion of our employees or employees or contractors to determine whether treatment is necessary. Should our employees or contractors determine that treatment is necessary, the pet will be immediately taken to the veterinarian on record during regular business hours, or Animal Clinic of Oxford should the emergency occur after regular business hours.
By signing this agreement and creating an HB account, you are authorizing Homeward Bound, Inc. to charge your credit card on record for any veterinary care deemed necessary. Homeward Bound, Inc. shall be and is hereby released from and indemnified against any and all financial liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense for veterinary care. Client shall reimburse Homeward Bound, Inc. for any and all expenses incurred for any veterinary care provided to or for the benefit of Client’s pet(s). In addition the Client will be billed $35 for veterinary emergency trips to include the first 30 minutes of care. Any additional time spent will be billed at a rate of $18 per hour and all other usual and customary fees associated with the veterinary or medical care needed for your pet.
13. Geriatric pets: It is the sole responsibility of the client to provide HB with as much information as possible within your HB client profile, to adequately care for your geriatric pet(s). This includes but is not limited to information concerning any medical issues, so we may best meet their specific care needs. End of life issues are a difficult subject. If HB will be caring for your geriatric pet, we encourage you to discuss your wishes with your veterinarian and have a plan in place.
HB will not make end of life decisions on behalf of the client.
14. Collars/Leashes: Please provide secure collars with appropriate tags for all pets. Collars will be removed from all dogs when secured in Spaw rooms and replaced at the end of service. Leashes will remain in the custody of the client.
16. Humanity above Vanity/Matted Dogs:
The Spaw staff will groom matted pets under the following guidelines. A severely matted pet will be clipped with the safest clipper blade length possible. This means they will be “shaved”. Due to the extremely painful and time consuming process of “shaving” severely matted dogs, this will be the only option considered. Spaw fees are assessed at an additional rate of $50 per hour for any time spent beyond the scheduled time anticipated for the breed.
Removing/shaving matts can be very stressful for both the dog and the groomer. It is painful and very dangerous. Matted hair pulls, binds and causes bruising which is painful to the skin. Client understands and assumes all risks and unintended consequences resulting from shaving including but not limited to; damage to coat affecting future re-growth, skin irritation and environmental exposure risks. Homeward Bound is not responsible for Injuries related to mat removal.
The skin under matted hair coats is usually red, swollen, cracked and dangerous to groom. Matted coats and excessive undercoat (the cause of matting) result in a variety of skin problems for your pet. Matted hair does not allow for air circulation to the skin, which causes hot spots, bacterial and fungal infections. Fleas, ticks and other parasites may be trapped in the coat causing further skin infections.
A semi-matted dog may be offered a one-time only de-matting treatment. We will not routinely dematt your dog. De-matting is done with a matt splitter, rake or slicker brush. These tools are very sharp and used directly next to the raw/inflamed skin that is almost always present with matted hair. De-matting will only be done if your dog only a few matts which are not close to the skin
17. Homeward Bound reserves the right to update or change policies at any time.